Happy New Year - Time To Focus!

Steller Jay (with gorgeous
light  blue eyebrows!)
Happy New Year to all my friends, family, and readers!  I hope your holiday was fabulous!!

A very shy, Spotted Towhee
Mine was spent watching snow fall but then it melted away (boohoo!).  Actually, mine was really spent watching all the little birdies scrabbling around my feeders.  That was a LOT of fun!

And I have been thinking about my focus for this year - which is to try and paint as much as possible... so the birds fit in perfectly!!  I literally focused on them!  LOL


This lovely-but-shy lady is
an Evening Grosbeak!
So here are a few pics of some of the VERY shy birds who were hopping around my feeders on New Years.  I am hoping to turn some (or all?!) of them into paintings!
Varied Thrush (female)

 I got pictures (not great as far as pictures go, but acceptable for bird-studies!) of Varied Thrushes, Evening Grosbeaks (my personal favorites!), Downy Woodpeckers, Steller Jays, and 
Spotted Towhees



A Downy Woodpecker


And I also saw (but didn't get pictures of): Nuthatches, Black-capped Chickadees, Flickers, House-Sparrows, Robins, and House Finches.  LOTS of birdy activity available if you want to put out a bit of food.  All of these birds were seen on or near my feeders (although not all will eat the food I put out).  FYI - I use sunflower seeds in my seed-feeders and I buy various suet-feeders as well.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?