Getting Ready For Allied Arts Workshops



Oh My, Camellia!
Resin-a-bowl Star(t) and Starter
So much to do in the next month!  I've just sent out a box containing 2 paintings (Oh My, Camellia! and Pocket Full of Tulips) and 2 silk & resin bowls (Resin-a-bowl Star(t) and Resin-a-bowl Starter), to the Summit Gallery at the Community Summit Conference in Wenatchee, WA.   It's such an honor to be included in their show!

Now that those pieces have been shipped off to Wenatchee, it's time for me to focus on my next art adventure - which is teaching a workshop on Silk Painting and a workshop on Resists and Ice Dyeing.  Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to teaching workshops at Allied Arts in Richland, Wa!

This week I'm starting to go through my supplies and order new/replacement materials to use at
New Serti example for class
Allied Arts.  I've been going through my stretcher frame supplies (ie. pvc pipes and joints) and making sure I have enough for everyone  (plus a few extra - I always feel it's better to be OVER-prepared rather than under-prepared!!).   I've placed an order for more dyes and dyeset (I used all my dyeset up making examples for the class... oops!!).  

My bigger challenge is the resists's class... I have so much I want to cover!! I need to figure out what's really feasible.  

Today my daughter and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon tying, binding,
and clamping t-shirts for dyeing tomorrow.    I've forgotten how many rubber bands were needed when binding things, So today's tip is to make sure you have a LOT of rubber bands on hand when you want to do shibori or tie-dying!  (I need to put that on the list of things to purchase!!)   I had also forgotten how strong you need to be when wrapping string around cloth - So another tip might be to use leather gloves or at
least wrap your pinkie finger with something before binding your fabric with string... that string will really cut into your skin after a while! 

We'll post the results of our efforts soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?