Working On New Resin Sculptures

I have to admit, I'm rather liking the resin and silk sculptures!!    Unfortunately, since I have a small studio, that means that I'm not getting much painting done (sigh).   But my sculptures are coming along nicely.

I have one that is twice reclaimed (and it's name will probably reflect that).  I've been experimenting with how to create interesting curves with it.  It started off as reclaimed silk which I then painted a partial flower upon using the Serti method.  I decided I didn't like it and I removed it from the canvas (which took some doing since it was adhered with matte medium), and now it's becoming a flower sculpture! 

I have a transparent one with pink and blue streaks, that started off as a large, sculptural bowl.... but it's larger size combined with a hot car ride to a local show - caused it too droop (something it wasn't supposed to be able to do, according to the manufacturers of the resin!).  I've been adding additional resin to strengthen it and have now decided that it too, will be a flower (it will be combined with the smaller bowl of the same fabric and colors).

And I have a blue sculptural bowl started - which I have lots of ideas for and I am not sure which idea will win.    

After these, I'm hoping to work on a tall resin and silk sculpture (but first I've got to figure out how to get the structural support I desire from the resin I'm using).   So exciting to see where my experiments lead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?