Silk Painting Beginner's Workshop At The Schack April 2nd And More!

I'm certainly staying busy this month (and next month)!  


Silk painting in progress
(Serti Method)
1) This weekend I will be teaching a workshop on Silk Painting for Beginners at The Schack Art Center in Everett.  The class is being held on April 2nd from 12:30-4:30pm in classroom 2.  There's still room if you want to join in!  We'll be painting handkerchiefs and discussing usability and mounting options (stretched, mounted with acrylic, glass-mounting, or leaving it as a usable handkerchief).

Needless to say, I'm busy gathering all my supplies and getting ready for the workshop.    


2) I'm getting ready for my first solo show.  It is the following Saturday (April 8th) and the opening reception is from 2:00-4:00pm.  The show is taking place at the Pacific Rim Galleria - Bellewood.  I'll have quite a few new Resin & Silk sculptures, plus a great selection of silk paintings to view.  Additionally, I'll have a hand-dyed shibori-style silk scarves and some fun statement necklaces available for viewing and purchase.  

Bellewood has been very gracious and is supplying hors d'oeuvres and wine for the opening.  Plus I will be in the Galleria from 1:00-2:00pm demonstrating silk painting if you'd like to stop by and chat. 


Resin & Silk Starflower

3) I mailed off my piece "Resin & Silk Starflower" to CoCA (Center on Contemporary Art) for their Make America Create Again show.  The opening reception is next Thursday April 6th, from 6:00-8:00pm.  I'm so excited to see all of the pieces in this exhibit - it should be a great show!




4) And of course, I'm staying busy making new artwork, creating an online store,  and deciding what shows and calls to apply to next!  

It's an exciting time and I would be thrilled an honored to see you at one (or all) of the above events!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?