Derwent Academy Online Classes - a fun (and rewarding!) opportunity!

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at Derwent Academy's website - but it is chock-a-block full of information!

http://www.pencils.co.uk/default.aspxDerwent is a company located in the United Kingdom (Great Britain to exact!).  They make WONDERFUL fine-art pencils including: sketching pencils, sketch-wash pencils, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, Inktense pencils (which are a special kind of watercolor pencil), and a variety of other items.

http://www.derwentacademy.co.uk/I recently found out that Derwent has an online academy - and that they have a rather fabulous offer
for anyone who's interested in learning more about drawing/art skills.  They currently offer a 6-lesson class to anyone who is interested.  If you complete all 6 lessons successfully, they will send you a 18-piece set of their wonderful pencils!  GOTTA LOVE THAT!!

All that is required is that you follow the general directions given (and they usually give you a choice of what or how to draw).  And that you submit a photo or scanned-image of your work to them for review.  The tools/supplies you will need are: drawing pencils, paper (I'm just using a cheap art journal I already had in my cabinet), colored pencils, pastels, and watercolors.

 And before you ask - NO, they are not giving me (or paying me) anything to promote their site - I just think it's a fun way to practice your art (or learn new skills) and get a nifty present for doing so!  Two of my pals and I, are going through the lessons right now!.

Colored Pencil on Black paper
Here's a couple of the things I drew for some of the classes:


Perspective Lesson



Inspired by a lesson on shading



































I've been enjoying it - a good refresher and fun too!   I can't wait to get my pencils (assuming I pass the class!).     :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?