Silk Painting Retreat with Sharon Shankland, Karen Sistek, and other fabulous artists!



The Lovely Ladies of the Spring 2014 Silk Painting Retreat

I just got back from a 4 day Silk Painting Retreat held at Fort Worden State Park by Sharon Shankland and Karen Sistek.  

We had a WONDERFUL time and highly recommend attending a future retreat if you get the chance!!  Fort Worden is just outside of Port Townsend which is just a short drive and a ferry-ride away from Seattle. 








Yup, that's me - painting my poppy


I spent the majority of my time working on my painting - but I also spent some time exploring and finding inspirations for future art pieces (or for sketching in my art journal).  





My poppy (unfinished)



I painted a pink poppy using Karen's MS technique.  Thanks also to Suzy for her advice and encouragement to try new techniques including using dyeset while still working on the painting. 










Puget Sound & Foothills (unfinished)




This scene was painted using traditional resist methods








Hood Canal & Bridge
My sketch of Hood Canal & Bridge

The Hood Canal Bridge - a really pretty area - and fun to sketch!






And a few other photo inspiration pictures for future sketches (right now I'm just loving the gnarled shapes of trees!).  These were all taken in and around Fort Worden - LOTS of inspiration there!  My next retreat is in Port Orchard and a lovely retreat center... I can't wait!

















Oldest building in Fort Worden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?