Wiggy, the adorable French Bulldog silk painting

I am so thrilled to have been able to spend another long weekend at a retreat!  This time it was at Pilgrim Firs in Port Orchard Washington.  I spent the weekend there with the Fiber 19, fiber arts group (we had a LOT of fun!!! - they are AWESOME ladies!!!!).

While there, I was able to finish another painting - this time I painted a dog portrait for a wonderful woman I know.  Her adorable dog Wiggy was my subject matter.  Such a cutey!!  (LOVE those ears!)  Wiggy was painted using a photo reference.  I used Jacquard Green-label Dyes, Resistad (to preserve a few white highights and to create some of Wiggy's cute whiskers), and the MS-technique.  Wiggy was painted on new, white silk (rare for me, since I prefer to work on recycled silks).   Wiggy will be mounted on canvas.  (If you're interested in a silk painting of your special pet-pal, please feel free to contact me - I am happy to work on commission orders.)

"Wiggy" Jacquard green-label dyes on silk, with Resistad, using the MS method
10"x10" SOLD!!


Wiggy was a lot of fun to paint.  Now I just need to steam and mount the painting.  So that's on my list of to-do's for spring break.  My next portrait will be another dog - stay tuned to see which lucky dog gets to be my next model!  Now I'm off to work on an iris and a goldfinch -wish me luck because I'm going to need it (I've lost my reference photo for the iris, and I've made my goldfinch too small to easily work... apparently, I like making my paintings a challenge!). 

Have a great week!
Becky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?