Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wiggy, the adorable French Bulldog silk painting

I am so thrilled to have been able to spend another long weekend at a retreat!  This time it was at Pilgrim Firs in Port Orchard Washington.  I spent the weekend there with the Fiber 19, fiber arts group (we had a LOT of fun!!! - they are AWESOME ladies!!!!).

While there, I was able to finish another painting - this time I painted a dog portrait for a wonderful woman I know.  Her adorable dog Wiggy was my subject matter.  Such a cutey!!  (LOVE those ears!)  Wiggy was painted using a photo reference.  I used Jacquard Green-label Dyes, Resistad (to preserve a few white highights and to create some of Wiggy's cute whiskers), and the MS-technique.  Wiggy was painted on new, white silk (rare for me, since I prefer to work on recycled silks).   Wiggy will be mounted on canvas.  (If you're interested in a silk painting of your special pet-pal, please feel free to contact me - I am happy to work on commission orders.)

"Wiggy" Jacquard green-label dyes on silk, with Resistad, using the MS method
10"x10" SOLD!!


Wiggy was a lot of fun to paint.  Now I just need to steam and mount the painting.  So that's on my list of to-do's for spring break.  My next portrait will be another dog - stay tuned to see which lucky dog gets to be my next model!  Now I'm off to work on an iris and a goldfinch -wish me luck because I'm going to need it (I've lost my reference photo for the iris, and I've made my goldfinch too small to easily work... apparently, I like making my paintings a challenge!). 

Have a great week!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment