The first 2014 Issaquah Artwalk - follow-up

My setup under my canopy - can you see the sloping grass?



I had such a good time at last Friday's Issaquah Artwalk!!  It was GORGEOUS weather - sunny but not hot.  So nice!!!!  

I had a great location - right out front - and even had room for my canopy (I just forgot to look at the ground before I chose a spot!... so it was more than a little sloped -oopsy)



My wicker folding screen.  Perhaps a bit too busy for a backdrop?

I had the chance to try out a new idea I had for displaying my art.  I found a fun, vintage wicker folding screen a few months ago.  It was a bit dirty and missing some paint.  I simply cleaned it off and spray-painted the heck out of it (4 cans and still could do more!).  But it was fun to use as a background for my artwork.  I'm not sure I'll use it next time, but it was definitely unique!




My art easel and wooden crate



 I also brought an easel and a wooden crate (which I used to carry my artwork as well as propping up my artwork).  I think I will probably paint the easel white.  I'm not sure about the crate.





 
We had a FABULOUS turnout for the Artwalk!  Thank you to all the people that stopped in to see my artwork and chat!  It was a lot of fun and I look forward to next month's Artwalk on July 11th!  Hope to see you there!!








 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?