Skip to main content

Busy Creating - So Much To Do!

Applying resin
As the title of the post suggests, I have been SUPER busy lately!


  1. I am working on how to set up my studio in a slightly larger space (with better lighting and more walls).  I'm trying to figure out if I can fit in all my furniture PLUS a table or two for teaching small classes (not sure it's going to work.. but I am trying!!)
  2. I am diligently working through Jacqui Calladine's Wild Creative... which I've discussed in previous posts.  I'm finding it very helpful -- but a bit distracting too (because I want to do more of it!)
  3. Of course I'm a mom, wife, and have a full-time muggle-job... that all keeps me very busy as well!
  4. And I'm working feverishly on my resin bowls (which take a lot of time, but my mind is just HUMMING with ideas!).
A pink bowl at the very beginning
stage




Of course, the creating part is what I want to spend most of my time on, but it is hard to focus solely on that with all of my other activities!



Here's a sneak-peak at my latest resin & silk creations... you'll  have to wait and see what the end results are!

                   
                  
                     
                 
A purple, soon-to-be bowl
                     
                        
                             




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

I wrote a post on my other blog several years ago, but was just asked to create a new document for the Silk Painters group on Facebook.  So I thought I'd share it here!

Making your own Stovepipe Steamer is relatively easy to do and certainly cost effective!  To buy one new (and made specifically for silk paintings) will easily cost you over $1000 bucks.... but making one yourself can cost under $100 (mine was less than $50!).

I've had several people ask: Why do you want a Stovepipe Steamer?  Can't you just use a pot and steaming basket on your stove?
Both are good questions!
Yes you can use a pot and steaming basket on your stove.  But I personally, don't care for the idea of the chemicals/dyes/etc being in my kitchen. They are NOT good eats (to borrow from Alton Brown). Plus if you use a steaming basket in a pot, you have to constantly watch the water levels.  And you don't have a lot of space, which means you're probably only steaming 1 item at a time.  And …

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade? (a series of 3 tutorial posts explaining how to select a World Globe, make a lampshade, and make a bowl).


Derwent Academy Online Classes - a fun (and rewarding!) opportunity!

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at Derwent Academy's website - but it is chock-a-block full of information!

Derwent is a company located in the United Kingdom (Great Britain to exact!).  They make WONDERFUL fine-art pencils including: sketching pencils, sketch-wash pencils, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, Inktense pencils (which are a special kind of watercolor pencil), and a variety of other items.

I recently found out that Derwent has an online academy - and that they have a rather fabulous offer
for anyone who's interested in learning more about drawing/art skills.  They currently offer a 6-lesson class to anyone who is interested.  If you complete all 6 lessons successfully, they will send you a 18-piece set of their wonderful pencils!  GOTTA LOVE THAT!!

All that is required is that you follow the general directions given (and they usually give you a choice of what or how to draw).  And that you submit a photo or scanned-image of your work to them f…