What Are Your 3 Words For Growing Your Art/Business This Year?

Isn't he gorgeous?
I am LOVING Jacqui's Wild Creative.  It's fun to look at my business, my art, and my personal life all though a somewhat different lens than normal.  This week, Jacqui challenged us to come up with 3 words for growing our businesses (and ourselves).  Hers were: Clarity, Value, and Big.  All excellent words!

I've been thinking about what my words would be... and I too, would choose BIG... but I have 2 others that I are different from hers.

  1. BIG - (perhaps the word should be BIGGER).  I want to start working on projects that are bigger in size (a great challenge because of the small space I have to work in!).  I also want to start thinking bigger ... making bigger collections, applying to bigger shows, and gaining bigger sales. 
  2. PLAN (or PRE-plan) - I will admit that when it comes to my art (and to my crafts), that I just let whimsy carry me forward (oooohhh... shiny thing!).  Because of this, I am easily distracted and rarely think about how my art will fit on a canvas or in a frame... or how I will finish it - or even how I should be painting/creating it.  I just start and then work out all the details along the way ( possibly causing myself unnecessary fear when it is getting close to being finished as I realize all of the things I didn't consider when I started the piece).  So this is an important goal for me -  one I've been thinking about for a while now. 
  3. PROGRESSION - I want to always be progressing in my art (and in all areas of my life).  I don't like stagnate things.  I love to experiment, to try out new ideas, to learn new things, and to continue to improve-on/build-upon the skills that I already have. 
Those are my 3 growth words for this year.  Have you come up with your words?  I'd love to hear what you chose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?