Winter Inspirations


Frost on Thistles
(Rebecca Wachtman Artist)
I don't know about you, but sometimes I get a bit depressed after the holidays.  I tend to go all-out for the holidays and decorate my house and yard as much as I can.  To me, the absolute, most-depressing day of the year (baring someone dying or major illnesses etc), is the day I take down all the holiday decorations!



This year to help redirect my attention to more positive thoughts, I've been making a strong effort to see the beauty of the winter surroundings.   This winter has been a chilly one with lots of ice but not much snow (which is a shame because snow is a lot more fun - and usually cancels school! lol).
Frost on Pine
(Rebecca Wachtman Artist)    



I've been taking some early morning walks before work and found that a new park along a river has some gorgeous examples of frosty/frozen nature at it's finest.  The frost has not only decorated all the plants, but it's highlighted the beautiful patterns sometimes hidden from sight.   I'm not sure I'll use these photos for anything more than just general inspiration, but I love how they turned out!!





Frosted View
(Rebecca Wachtman Artist)     
And I'm going to share them with other artists!  I am going to share them on the Facebook group Photos For Artists (which is FANTASTIC resource of all sorts of photos - where the photographers are fine with you using their photos for free, just give them photo credit and do NOT share the photos anywhere else!  You can even sell your artwork - just not the photos!).

Feel free to use these (only from this post) and the others found on the Photos for Artists Facebook group!   And if you do use them, I'd LOVE to see what you do with them!!!!
Rebecca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Grew Up Near Renton Washington, Maybe You'd Remember This!

So You Want To Make Your Own Vertical Stovepipe Steamer?

So you're thinking of making your own World Globe Bowl or Lampshade?